STRENGTHENING FAMILY AND COMMUNITY THROUGH EDUCATION, UNDERSTNDING, AND SERVICE
Celebrate 12 Years with FFHE!
Family to Family Humanitarian Expeditions (FFHE) will help 200
children living in four Albergue shelters in Querétaro Mexico.
The families of children living in government sponsored Albergue
shelters cannot provide food or education for their elementary school
aged children. Their home living conditions are primitive; crowded
sleeping areas, campfire style cooking, often without running water,
without basic bathroom facilities, and often insufficient available
food and water.
After a home visit by the director of the Albergue
facility, and upon acceptance to the shelter, the government of
Querétaro provides for each child:
1. Individual bunk bed and bedding
2. Three balanced meals per day
3. Shower and laundry facilities
4. Access to local elementary school. These students are only required to attend school through the sixth grade.
5. Tutored learning experiences
6. Daily “chores” to teach good work ethics
FFHE, as a partner, will assist with health, hygiene, nutrition, and literacy education through:
1. Establishing a library in each shelter
2. Stocking the library with books
3. Developing a check out system so the children can read to their families at home
4. Teaching basic English
5. Health and nutrition assessments and education
6. Providing personal hygiene kits for each student
7. Light construction projects to benefit the children, their families, the shelters, and their communities
8. Christmas Celebration sharing gifts and talents
FFHE wants you to partner with these children of the
Albergue shelters. Please help make this experience a meaningful
learning experience so they will have an opportunity to break their
current life cycle which offers limited opportunities to contribute to
their communities and families.